Welcome to my our blog! Where to begin? I guess somewhere at the beginning...
After the birth of our 3rd child we decided to have a permanent sterilization procedure. Unfortunately, we didn't really pray and think much about it, it just seemed we were "done". Not long after, we began to have real misgivings. It came to a head when my middle son looked around the car one day and said, "Hey mom, you ought to have another baby. We've got 4 seats in here, ya know." LOL!
And so, about 4 years ago, in December of 2004, we reversed the "permanent" sterilization. Unfortunately, it has been over 3 years since that reversal and no pregnancies (even though the doctors assure us that we are both fertile - at least moderately). You can imagine that the months of disappointment have been hard, at times. In the early months after the reversal, I came across the verse Psalm 24:27 and it has been an encouragement to me. Psalm 24:27: Prepare your work outside and make it ready for yourself in the field; afterwards, then, build your house.. Now a field can be prepared in many way, but one way is letting it lie fallow. The nutrients are restored and the soil becomes enriched ensuring a better harvest the next season. Something was going to happen ...I just had to hang on!
Within the last couple of weeks, I was exhorted to quit looking behind me and begin looking forward; perhaps to the possibility of adoption or perhaps to contentment with my 3 children. In the past, when we've discussed adoption, hubby and I have not been on the same page (sometimes he's for it and I'm against; sometimes I'm for it and he's against). That is until about a week ago... and hubby and I are on the SAME page! We are both interested in learning more and moving forward with an adoption, if that is the Lord's plan for us!
We both have very positive thoughts about adoption, as do our kids. We’ve been amazingly blessed to have supported our next-door neighbors (and dearest friends) through an international adoption. I actually traveled with the mom to bring their new daughter home from China last year. (They have 4 bio kids, so it made more sense for dad to stay home with them.)
While we both know the Lord blesses adoption, we still don't know for sure if it is His will for our family...and we both think it is time to find out for sure. So, today, we begin to seek in earnest and together - and we'd love for you to join us on this journey.
Our field has been made ready...we'll see what house the Lord builds.
Boho Yarn Art
7 years ago



11 comments:
I'm excited to follow you along on this journey and learn a few things before we take it ourselves. We are pretty sure that we are called to adopt. It sort of comes with the territory in our bigger calling of ministry in Asia. I have no doubt God will guide you well in this.
Hey there, girl! Why am I not surprised you are the first to comment here. :) I'm so glad you are!
Kerry, I'm so excited for you! And I'm looking forward to reading about your journey here. :) God's blessings as you take the next steps, whatever those may be.
I am so sorry to hear about your struggles trying to have a fourth child. My husband and I have been struggling with primary infertility, so I know well the pain those months of disappointment causes. I also know how much thought and consideration it takes to lay that down and look at other ways of starting/adding to the family. I am looking forward to seeing where this journey might take you and am so glad you've decided to share it with us. May you feel God's hand in it throughout.
Kerry, I'm so excited for you. Its funny you should mention about you and your dh being on different pages about this. That is exactly what has happened in our home. I've wanted to adopt for several years, hubby is just not interested. He gets interested about 6 months ago, and I'm like - uh, no I don't think we should do this!
I keep praying that if it is His will for us to please help us to both be on the same page at the same time. Your post was so encouraging that God will do that for us if it is His will.
I can't wait to see where he takes you!
Wow. Althought I don't really even know you, only just acquainted here on the internet, I'm very excited for you!
And looking forward to getting to know you and your family better through reading of your journey.
A lot of your story resonates here (with me) as well...
A Repost of a Comment left by our friend Beth (had to edit out our last name):
As tears of joy stream down my face from reading your post, I am giving God all the praise and glory for revealing Himself to you and DH as He has. It has been a silent, prayerful journey these past 40 months that we have been honored to walk with you. Our prayers continue for answers and direction as you venture on this new path. Our support and love are with you all the way. I wait with joy and eager anticipation to see who the Lord has to increase and bless your family. Love to you all!
Oh Kerry--so happy to hear of this new journey the Lord is taking your family on. Can't wait to see Him work!
~Jeanne
Carrie Grace said...
i miss you & your kids. i really love your family & the way you operate. Naturally, I'm sure your primary thoughts are on how another little one will affect your family, but i find my thoughts turned to how your family will affect the child. As a person who feels like an orphan often in this world, Ps. 68:6 is one of my favs: "God sets the lonely in families." i find myself excited for this child to know what the adoption of God means on an incredibly deep level, as i do because of the love of the Body.
originally posted: April 14, 2008 5:39 AM, edited to remove names.
Post a Comment